Thursday, June 11, 2009

Last day of Kindergarten

Today was my son's last day of Kindergarten. I made him a quick card to let him know how proud we are of him!!


I decided to use Kristina's color challenge as the starting point. When I first saw it posted on her blog, I was fairly certain that I has some older Scenic Route paper that were the right colors - and lo and behold - they are!! The stars were perfect for creating a "Super Star" card.

Stamps - Papertrey Ink Star Prints
Ink - Pumpkin Pie, Cool Caribbean, and Taken with Teal - all SU
Paper - Teal from Bazzil, Kiwi Kiss - SU, White, Star DP from Scenic Route
Accessories - Fiskars large star punch, Making Memories foam adhesive.


On the knitting front, I'm still working on my UFO's. The Green holey socks are coming along. I've turned the heel and completed the gusset. Almost done!

When those are done, I'll be frogging the socks I started for my MIL. They are a 100% cream wool that I recycled from an old sweater and dyes various shades of blue. I used size 1 needles since that was all I had available at the time. Well - they are too small. The cast on is so tight I can't get it up my calf. Poop! I placed an order with Knit Picks last week that included another set of size 1 1/2 needles. So I will frog these next and start over with the size 1 1/2's.

I also ordered lots of pretty yarn. Lots. And I picked this week to be UFO week. Double poop! At least UFO week ends on Friday.....at midnight :)

Knit on!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute card. And what a super nice tradition for the end of the school year!

Stacey Schafer said...

love this...so clean, fresh and fun!

Kim J. said...

Love the stars with this color combo -- it just screams "congrats!" :)

muriel said...

YOU are a star...great card

Jane said...

So CUTE!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a cute card. Love all the stars! Great job with the challenge. :)

CathyR said...

Cute card.

Good for you for getting those UFOs finished.

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Genious idea to break out the stars! Fabulous job on the color combo!

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Elise said...

OHHH, my stars: those ARE cute stars! Awesome job with Kristina's colors!