Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Goodwill Haul!!

I was shopping at Goodwill yesterday for basket for the schools silent auction in April.  I make a point to swing trough the craft section as long as I'm there.  Yesterday, I scored!

The yarn with a label is Noro Silk Garden sock,  Approx $20 a ball.

Ball #1 (rewound by me) seems to be a tight twist fingering weight.  Very similar to Cascade Heritage Paint

Ball #2 (rewound by me) seems to be a halo-ey fingering weight.  So it likely contains some mohair or alpaca.  (Mohair is common in sock yarn as it lends strength and pill resistance.)  Very similar to Mountain Colors Bearfoot.

Ball #3 (rewound by me) seems to be a DK weight hand dyed.  It appears to be 100% wool based on a burn test.

So no matter how I slice it - it was a huge score for the $6 I paid for it!!

Knit on!

No comments: