Thursday, June 24, 2010

A quick diversion

I've been knitting too many socks I think. I went through a major sock burnout last fall and I don' want that to happen again. So I knit a quick shrug for my daughter. Turned out very cute I think!

I used some yarn I had left over from a baby blanket I knit. (I still need to take a few pictures....will blog about it soon.)

Pattern: Heart Party Shrug from Petite Purls (a great source for kid knits)
Yarn: Swish DK from Knit Picks, color Petal
Needles: Size US4 and US6

I made quite a few mods because I didn't have quite enough yarn, but I don't think it affects the overall design. And since I used a different yarn type (wool vs. bamboo) I think my sizing is a bit different. I love how it came out and Charlotte loves it! (And that's all that really matters in the long run.)

No comments: