Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Sorry for the radio silence

Life has been very busy. Our foster dog Trooper is doing great. I get up about 5:45 every morning and take him and Luna for a walk. I have to admit that I'm really not a 5:45 person, but I digress.

Things have been moving right along on the knitting front. I finished my socks with my birthday yarn. They came out beautifully! And I had quite a bit of yarn left over, so I'm whipping up a pair of socks for Charlotte! Here are my socks and Charlotte's socks in progress.


My socks are knit using the Eleanore pattern (Rav download only) and Charlotte's are a modified version of the Riblet sock (another Rav download - sorry!). The colors of these socks are just gorgeous....almost makes me want winter just so I can wear them.......or maybe not!

As soon as I finish Charlotte's socks, I'll cast on for these: Montgolfiere (yet another Rav only download). I can't wait!! (Thankfully kid socks don't take much time - I made the first one is just about 2 days!) Here is a picture of the socks I pulled from Stephanie van der Linden's Ravelry pattern page:


I'm planning on using TyDy sock yarn from Knit One Crochet Too along with Knit Picks Essesntial in Black as the main color - they should come out very striking. At least I hope so.

I also cast on for the Hey Teach cardigan. I've admired it for a long time, but haven't made it yet. I have some recycled yarn that I got from a sweater I unraveled and I think it will be perfect for this pattern, but I just CAN NOT get gauge. I've been tinkering with the pattern a bit to see if I can just work with the gauge I'm getting but I worry about how all the math will work out. But I'm pretty determined. I might just forge ahead. If it doesn't fit me, I'm sure I can find someone to give it to! (Started knitting on the recommended 8's - even swatched - but once I started on the main project - my gauge changed - arrggghhh!! I might just frog the 2" I've done and re-start on 9's. Not completely sure just yet.)

Knit on!

PS - I'll be bringing Trooper to a MARS meet and greet on Sunday, July 12 (scroll down to see the info.) If you're in the Maple Grove, MN, area - please stop by and say hi!!

2 comments:

CathyR said...

I love your socks. That is such a pretty color.

I just started the Hey Teach too. I had to go up to a size 9 needle to get gauge. So far it is going well. I can't wait to see yours.

Stampinsilvia said...

ohhh wow these socks are absolutely FAB!!! I absolutely LOVE them. I think I might have to getyou to make me a pair of warm sock for the cold winters here on Crete!