Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Misc. Ramblings...

Lots to post today, so I'll get right to it. First off - a card. I made this one for the SCS color Challenge - Chocolate Chip, Pink Passion, and Kiwi Kiss. I used Choc Chip, Pixie Pink, and Old Olive. The colors were perfect for the Basic Grey Urban Prairie paper - I liked it so much that I bought extra papers (and buttons) at Archivers to add to my TSR kit!!


Next up - the socks I'm working on. My friend Kate from my knit night designed these socks - and they are gorgeous! I started them out in a gray Knit Picks yarn but I didn't like them. So I frogged that and re-started in some of my re-cycled sock yarn. This time I dyed the yarn with blue to get a lovely shade of periwinkle. And the second time around - this pattern is much easier. I still have some questions about the heel flap - so I need to get that far before knit night on Thursday!!
And one more knitting item. I made a goal to knit 2 pair of hats/mittens for my friend Amy every month. So far I've made one hat and three pairs of mittens. I've got another pair on the needles right now. I should be able to get them done for knit night. Here is a picture of the hat/mitten combo I made in January:


The mitten pattern is free for personal/charity use. Here it is - it's a nice one. I like that there is no left/right mitten - they are both the same. That way if one gets lost it's not a big deal. I'll just knit another one! The hat is just a basic hat pattern that I made up as I went along. It looks pretty good too!

So after so long without being able to post pictures - I sure seem to be making up for it!!

Knit on!

5 comments:

Nicole Maki said...

Wow! Great knitting.

I just love your Urban Prairie card. I think the dark thread in the buttons is the perfect accent.

~Lori Roop said...

WOW! The knitting is spectacular!!!

I really like your green buttons and l/o!! GJ!!

Angela said...

The card looks great as does your knitting.

Those socks are gonna be lovely when they are done. Love the color.

CathyR said...

Beautiful card. I love that paper.

The socks are so pretty. Is the pattern available anywhere? I'm a sucker for sock patterns :-)

The hat and gloves are great too. Are they for charity?

Lan said...

Love the card, may have to lift this one Barb!