Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cashmere Gloves

I asked my sister awhile back if she would like a hand knit pair of gloves. Like any appreciative sister, she said yes! So I started a pair of Knotty gloves for her using some recycled cashmere. These are gorgeous, I'm not sure if I'll be able to give them up! Thankfully I have enough yarn to make at least one more pair. This yarn is a bit thicker than the pattern lists, but it seems to be working out just fine. The glove is just a bit heavier than originally intended, but my sister lives in CO and warmer won't be a bad thing!


This is the third pair of Knotty's I've made and I just LOVE this pattern. It's fun to knit and it looks just lovely.

I'm also working on a cute top-down summer top. I'm using some Knit Picks Shine Sport in Hydrangea and Black. I finished the top section and am working on the bottom. It's a modified rib so it's pretty slow going. I actually knit short rows into the pattern! I'm pretty proud of myself - except for when I had to frog it down to the short rows because I had too much length. That pretty much screwed up the right hand side, but I'm moving forward anyway.

I've got a few other things in the works, but nothing else that I'm really working on right now. So until later, knit on!

1 comment:

hakucho said...

Very pretty! I didn't think I'd ever knit a pair of gloves, but after seeing what you've done I think I may just be tempted...maybe... someday...

happy knitting :)