Friday, May 30, 2008

Fake-Isle Hat


So when I'm in the knitting doldrums, the best thing to do is start a new project!! LOL. I've been wanted to try a two color project for a while, and this hat seemed like the perfect choice. It will be for my dad for Fathers Day.

I used Noro Kureyon color 150 and KnitPicks WOTA Onyx Heather. It was a very quick knit and really quite easy. I think I'll try more of these - maybe with just 2 solid colors instead of the Noro - since I have several more hats on my "need to knit" list.

My technique still needs a little work (it's a bit tight where the two color stranding is), but I'm pleased with the results. I just wish the two colors weren't so similar in places. But it's nice and warm and I think Dad will like it!

Knit on!!

3 comments:

amberhelga said...

looks great ! i wish i could do something like this i tried ! but it is definatly not my thing!

dawnmercedes said...

You are totally amazing!

hakucho said...

That's a great pattern. I've seen so many variations. Yours is lovely and I bet your Dad will be thrilled :)