Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Not another Christmas card...

....but another challenge card! I don't know how I would ever stamp if it wasn't for challenges! This is the card I created for the Color Inspiration challenge on Kristina Werner's blog. She comes up with the loveliest color combos for her inspirations.

I had some troubles with this color combo. The colors are just gorgeous, but it was tricky for me to work the Chocolate Chip in. Then I remembered the fabulous Chocolate satin ribbon I got from Ribbons and Bows Oh My a while back. I paired it with the very elegant Damask stamp from Purple Onion Designs. A little scallop punch, a few half-back pearls and everything just fell into place! Whew - crisis averted!

Here is my card for the color combo:

I love how it all came together!

On the knitting front, I ended up frogging the Jaywalker sock I started. I re-knit it using the smaller size. It's fitting MUCH better and the first one is almost done. I'm not sure if I'm going to have time to finish the second one just yet since my birthday/holiday knitting is started to be neglected! But here is a quick picture of the current sock....and I promise it won't end up being a one-sock-wonder! And no, don't adjust your monitor, they really are this bright!!


Knit on!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooo. I just love that damask stamp. The whole card is great too!

Anonymous said...

I love the background you made with the stamp, very nice card.

Tina said...

I love your card, I would have never guessed that any of the colors threw you off. It's great.

Megan said...

I love your card! That background is amazing!

hakucho said...

Wonderful card! Sorry you had to frog your jaywalkers. The new one looks wonderful. Very cheerful. Socks are much more time consuming to knit. I do enjoy them time to time :)

happy knitting :)

Shawntel said...

I am with you on the challenges, where would we be with out them?! Ha ha, I love them! Your card is gorgeous! I love how you incorporated the chocolate! Who knew you had a problem!

Unknown said...

The card is simply beautiful!

Nellie Mae said...

The pearls make it such an elegant design! Beautiful.