Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I couldn't do it any longer!!

UFO week (or weeks) was a great idea, but I just couldn't hold out any longer. I cast on a pair of Pulsation socks for me last night. This is the yarn the kids picked out for me for my birthday. It's Aruacania Itata in color #1005. It's a fabulous mix of purple, pink and blue.

I'm knitting on a 9" circular HiyaHiya's. (They don't really list them on their website, but trust me, they are tiny!) I've tried one of these circs before, but it was a borrowed set and I didn't get much of a chance to play with it. My MIL got me a gift cert to Amazing Threads for my b-day, so I bought one for myself. I love the idea of knitting a sock on a tiny circ, but it's taking some getting used to. I'm hoping to complete an entire pair of socks with these needles before I pass judgement. (But I'm afraid that my wrists, thumbs might not hold out. We'll see.)

And the final object from UFO week(s) was the pair of No Purl Monkey socks for my MIL's b-day. I know she wants nothing more than a *really* warm pair of woll socks for her birthday in July. But, I'm pretty sure she will love them in January while she's waiting for the bus. She can't help it that her birthday is in July!

On another note: The lovely MacKensie was adopted last week. She was only with us for 5 days - and that is unusual for a foster dog. But she was a great dog so it's no surprise to me that she was snatched up quickly! We're picking up a new dog tonight. A puppy mill Westie that needs to learn how to be a dog. Sad. So very sad. I'm hoping my son will take some great pics of him and I'll post them soon. (Shameless plug for MARS. They do great work.....if you're looking for a pet and are in the midwest area - check them out.)

Knit on!

No comments: