Monday, June 15, 2009

UFO Week.....continued!

UFO week was a great idea for me. And despite the fact that I got some *fabulous* new yarn to play with, I'm continuing UFO week. I have too many projects on the needles right now and I need to get a few more done. I guess that makes it UFO week #2.

In the finished category now goes the Green Holey socks!! I really like this pattern and will make another pair. But I think I'll use size 1 1/2 needles (2.5 mm) and only cast on 64 stitches. I'll keep you posted!

I have also re-started the No Purl Monkey socks for my MIL. I had turned the heel and was onto the foot of the sock, but it was just too small. It needed to be a UFO for a bit - until I was ready to frog an 2/3's completed sock and start over. I'm over it now, but it's never fun to frog something that far along. Anyway, it's re-started on size 1 1/2 needles and I've started the heel flap for the first sock. They are moving along nicely.

And for family news: Our family is now the proud foster family of a lovely dog named MacKenzie. We picked her up on Friday. She's an Australian Shepherd mix, approx 38 lbs and 2 years old. She's really a very mellow couch potato. (And now that we've got the worm thing under control, she's a great dog. Really, don't ask.) We are fostering her through an organization called MARS; Midwest Animal Rescue and Services. The folks at MARS seem to think she'll be adopted fairly quickly.......then we will start the process all over again!
Knit on!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful dog!! Congratulations. Love all your needlework.

hakucho said...

I love your "holey" socks :)