Tuesday, June 2, 2009

My FLS

It's coming along nicely. I originally started the garter stitch band for the bottom at about 18 inches. Before I cast off, I put it on waste yarn to try it on. Sooooooo glad I did......it was WAY too short. The style of this sweater looks much better long on me. So I ripped out the band and knit another 3 inches of the lace pattern. Much better :)
The color on this picture is much better than the last. It's really a very natural dark brown....think "black sheep." It is, however, VERY scratchy. I'm hoping it will be less itchy after a good soak in some wool wash. I'll mostly be wearing it with long sleeved shirts, so it shouldn't be that big of a deal if it's itchy, but I'd love it if it wasn't!

Now I'm debating how long to make the sleeves. I'm currently at just about the elbow, but I think I want it to be about mid-way down my forearm. It's the great dilemma, not too long, but not too short either!

Knit on!

1 comment:

CathyR said...

Your FLS looks wonderful. Can't wait to see it finished.