Monday, January 21, 2008

Fun new Mittens

We had a freezing cold weekend here in Minnesota, so what better to do than stay in and knit some mittens? The pink ones are for DD (of course) and DS wanted stripes. He really wanted red stripes, but I didn't have any red. I used it all up making his hat! So now he has a new hat and new mittens and they don't match! Oh well, I guess that means I need to go out and buy more yarn :).

Next up is a pair of black mittens for me. I'm playing with a cable pattern to add to it to jazz it up a bit. Plain black mittens are just too boring. I tried out a cable pattern this morning but I'm not sure if it's the one I'll use or not.

On a Scrappy Note:

I went to Archivers on Friday night for ScrapMania. We had a great time but when it was time for me to leave, I went out and started my car, then went to settle my tab. I locked my car and went back inside (and I'm sure you all see where this is heading ;) .) Sure enough, my key fob unlocker dealy decided to conk out. So here it was, 10:00 at night, -10 degrees outside with a windchill in the -25 degree area.

Thankfully my friend Heidi (love ya Heidi!!) drove me to my house where I picked up a key from my DH (and a partially full gas can since my car sat idling for over an hour) and took me back to Archivers. I nearly froze my hands off putting gas in the car, but when I finally got in it to drive home it was nice and toasty!!

Stay warm everyone, and Knit on!!

No comments: