Monday, January 14, 2008

Waiting.......


I'm waiting rather impatiently for my KP order to arrive, so I started these socks last night. Now I remember why I *hate* to knit socks. These are knit on US 3 - which is TINY, it's only slightly better than knitting with toothpicks!

As I've said, I always like to test a pattern on cheapy yarn - thus the bright yellow socks. It's Caron Super Soft, which lives up to it's name - it's super soft. However, it's an acrylic and I would prefer a wool. Heck, if I'm going to knit a pair of socks they better last forever.

I like the pattern so far, but I have changed it a bit. I didn't like her heel turn method, so I did my own. You be the judge - I think it came out pretty darn great (if I do say so myself *wink*).


That's all for now - and if you live in the Minneapolis area - keep an eye out for someone wearing some day-glo yellow socks!!

Knit on!

1 comment:

Melinda McMillen said...

hey i love the bright yellow socks -- i would totally wear them!!