Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A quick card...


Masculine cards are always hard for me. I love this image from TAC (The Angel Company), but it is now retired. I got a few images to play with, so I'll be OK.

This was created for the color challenge on Splitcoast stampers: Wild Wasabi, Blue Bayou and Barely Banana. I love the In Color Wild Wasabi, so this challenge was right up my alley. I knew I wanted to use the truck image.

I colored the truck with all sorts of colors to try and give it depth. I'm not the best watercolorer in the world, but I enjoy it and that's what really matters, right? I used my ticket corner punch on the corners and added some black brads. I just love how brads look with the ticket corner punch. So simple but really cool looking!

I wanted to add a sentiment, but the matted main image was rather large and really didn't leave any room for a sentiment. I decided to put the sentiment on vellum and layering it over the image. I think it looks OK - not the best, but the best I could come up with! I ended up tearing the vellum strip because I couldn't get it to cut without tearing. I figured if it was going to tear so easily, I might as well go with that look.

And on another note........
I stopped at my LYS (Local Yarn Shop) this morning. After about an hour in the store drooling over all the lovelies, I ended up with a fabulous celery green heather and a darker pine green heather. I'm planning another felted bag, but this time more like a clutch - no long handle. The base of the bag will be the celery color with a pine green handle. I haven't decided if I want to make the base pine green too, but I'm not sure that's the next project I'll be knitting.

No comments: