Monday, January 28, 2008
Mittens for me
After making mittens for the kids, I wanted to make a pair for myself as well. I used the basic mitten pattern I have and added a braided cable so they would be more interesting. All in all I like how they turned out, but there are a few things I would change.
- The thumb is way too big. I made a size large to accommodate the cable, but I should have altered the size of the thumb.
- The cable placement on the left hand is not quite centered. I should have moved it over about 2-3 more stitches. Live and learn I guess!
- They are too long. I figured this might happen since I didn't want to start the decrease at the top in the middle of the cable. I would also like to make the cable a part of the decrease so it doesn't just "die out" at the end.
So IF I decide to make another pair, I will incorporate a few modifications to suit my taste better. But, they are perfectly wearable.
And if anyone is wondering, I used Lion Brand Wool-Ease in black, and this was knit on size 5 and 7 DPN's.
Now I only have 3 more projects on the needles!